Turn in a Poacher
TURN IN A
POACHER & POLLUTERS
In NEW YORK; 1-800-TIPP-DEC (847-7332)
NOW IN NEW YORK YOU CAN TURN IN A POACHER
GO HERE FOR THE FORM!
This takes you
right to the DEC page and the online form
In ONTARIO: 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)
Those who fish without a
license are thieves, stealing from all of us who did buy
a license to support fish hatcheries, fish managers, Conservation officers
and on and on.
IN A POACHER? ..................HOW DOES IT WORK?
A person witnessing a possible violation of the environmental conservation law, can call the toll-free number. Callers
need not give their names or testify in court. The information is relayed to an environmental conservation officer to investigate. From time to time rewards are paid. A committee of TIPP members, administers the rewards. To date more than 165 rewards have been paid to the amount of approximately $25,000.
WHO ARE POACHERS & POLLUTERS?
- Poachers are not sportsmen, true sportsmen follow the laws. Rather a poacher is a person who disobeys the laws and behaves in an unethical manner.
- A polluter is a person who breaks the law by disposing of items in places not provided by law as a refuse area.
WHAT INFORMATION IS NEEDED WHEN MAKING A CALL?
This is very important
- Violation ~ date & time
- Identifying features of suspects
- Vehicle type & color & year
License number is important if you can get it
- Description of what seen
- As exact a location as possible
- Number of suspects
- Type of weapon
- Any other pertinent information.
Cool articles and articles about Bad
the NYS DEC Website for more information here
UP TO THE DAY WESTERN NEW YORK FISHING REPORTS!
Niagara County Fishing Hotline  433-5606
Erie County Fishing Hotline
Click on the Fish!